Donesia D. Turner is a partner in our New Orleans office, and regularly handles cases in state and federal courts in Louisiana and Mississippi. Her focus is in labor and employment litigation, education law, general tort claims and toxic tort litigation. In addition, she also counsels clients in real estate transactions and estate planning.
Donesia represents management in a variety of employment matters including employment discrimination claims, wrongful termination, fair labor standards and practices, and employment practices.
Additionally, she represents various school boards throughout the state of Louisiana, housing authorities, Louisiana regulatory agencies, a county Board of Supervisors in Mississippi, and also handles insurance defense litigation cases for Fortune 500 insurance companies.
- Professional Liability
- Employment Law
- Insurance Law/Insurance Coverage
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- General Casualty Litigation
- Estate Planning
Bar and Admissions:
- Louisiana State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Loyola University, B. A., 1991
- Loyola University School of Law, J.D., 1994
Professional Associations and Organizations:
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Jefferson Bar Association
- National Bar Association – (78th Annual Convention Steering Committee)
- Greater New Orleans Louis A. Martinet Legal Society – (Past Young Lawyers Chairperson, Past Correspondence Secretary)
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.